Horticulture Grounds Maintenance Apprentice - Stanford Le Hope
Grounds Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
Established in 1973, Ground Control is a "can do" entrepreneurial business founded on the core principles of quality and delivering an outstanding service to our customers. We care for one another and we work together as a team to achieve our aims.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who would like to embark on an Apprenticeship with a keen interest to develop in a career in the Grounds Maintenance industry with Ground Control. Currently we have an opportunity at one of our important client sites - Thames Oil Port, with an established team of Grounds Maintenance experts, based in Stanford Le Hope, Essex
The purpose of the Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative position is to carry out a range of duties to support the running of the contract. This will include grass cutting, hedge cutting and general grounds maintenance duties on a daily basis ensuring completion to meet contract specification and customer satisfaction. Supervision and training is provided throughout.
An Apprenticeship includes 1 day per week at college, studying for a Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2 qualification. This programme is an excellent way to gain experience in all aspects of the horticultural industry through developing practical hands on skills including plan identification, maintenance and uses, plant production, turf care, landscaping and planting.
Alongside the full 2 year Horticulture and Landscape Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard you will also receive on the job training from your line manager, colleagues and mentor. Main responsibilities will include:a
- To carry out physically demanding tasks
- Liaise with customers with a professional approach and good customer care at all times
- A strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile
- Undertake a range of soft landscape tasks including mowing, strimming, shrub border maintenance, pruning, hedge cutting, weed control etc
- Under supervision, care and maintain all company machinery and equipment to manufacturer’s specified recommendations, ensuring the safe and correct use of equipment at all times
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained at all times.
- Undertake relevant company training and development to achieve progression, developing relevant knowledge and skills
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance on site representing the moral and ethics of Ground Control
- GCSE Grade A - C in Maths & English or equivalent
Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
Delivering outstanding customer service
Innovation and embracing change
Valuing each other
Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
Seeking value in everything we do
A desire to win