Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Grounds Maintenance Operative to join our team working on our Welsh Water contract in the Caernarfon/Bangor area of North Wales. Working as part of this busy team, the purpose of the Grounds Maintenance Operative is to carry out a range of horticultural duties to support the running of the contract. This will include grass cutting, hedge cutting, spraying and general grounds maintenance duties as and when required.
We would welcome applications from existing Grounds Maintenance Operatives with previous knowledge and experience within this field.
- Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training.
- Grounds Maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Able to carry out physically demanding tasks.
- Hold a full, clean UK Driving licence.
- Able to work safely within guidance and legislation.
- Experience in a similar job role.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- PA1 & PA6 qualification's are desirable.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in creating an inspirational environment , and rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits program , supporting you to realise your full potential, and are proud to be recognised as a great place to work:
Awards, Accolades and Culture
- We have been awarded ‘world-class’ status for employee engagement in the 2023 best companies results, ranking at #16 in the ‘Top 100 Large Companies to Work For’ league table.
- Certified B-Corp Accredited, Ground Control has been certified by B Lab, the not-for-profit behind the B Corp movement, as having met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent its commitment to sustainable goals ahead of profit.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and achieving carbon net zero after becoming carbon neutral in 2020.
- 2 personal choice volunteering days with your fundraising efforts matched up to £500!
Perks and Benefits
- Free gym access if you are Head Office based or subsidised national gym memberships if you are based elsewhere.
- Nursery Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme and Travel loans
- Medigold employee support, Free Flu Jabs, online private GP service and a premium subscription to Calm, the wellbeing app
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring plans including our GC Leadership Academy, job specific accreditations and higher education opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities with time in the office including breakfast Mondays and dog friendly Fridays.
- Financial benefits include yearly bonus scheme, access to Wagestream and employee share options
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.