Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
We are currently seeking an experienced and skilled Assistant Head Gardener with a keen eye for detail to join our team and managing grounds maintenance services for one of our prestigious client sites in London. As an assistant to the head gardener, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the highest standards of landscaping throughout the seasons, with the team on site.
- Execute a variety of grounds maintenance tasks, including grass cutting, hedge cutting, shrub pruning, lawn renovations, and formal planting.
- Assist in the managing the team, providing guidance and ensuring the delivery of exceptional services.
- Liaise with clients, addressing their needs, and preparing relevant Word and Excel documents in preparation for client meetings.
- Uphold comprehensive health and safety standards, ensuring a safe working environment for the team and members of the public on site.
- Previous experience in a Team Leader or Supervisor role within a similar capacity.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks associated with grounds maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety protocols in a landscaping environment.
- Possess PA1 & PA6 qualifications.
- Proven track record in a similar job role, demonstrating excellence in horticultural practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Consistent and reliable work ethic with a commitment to achieving perfection in every task.
- Successful candidates will undergo security vetting due to the nature of the site.
- Working hours: 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Gardener looking for a rewarding opportunity to showcase your skills in a prestigious setting, we invite you to apply. Join our team and contribute to the enhancement of one of London's premier landscapes.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in creating an inspirational environment , and rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits program , supporting you to realise your full potential, and are proud to be recognised as a great place to work:
Awards, Accolades and Culture
- We have been awarded ‘world-class’ status for employee engagement in the 2023 best companies results, ranking at #16 in the ‘Top 100 Large Companies to Work For’ league table.
- Certified B-Corp Accredited, Ground Control has been certified by B Lab, the not-for-profit behind the B Corp movement, as having met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent its commitment to sustainable goals ahead of profit.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and achieving carbon net zero after becoming carbon neutral in 2020.
- 2 personal choice volunteering days with your fundraising efforts matched up to £500!
Perks and Benefits
- Free gym access if you are Head Office based or subsidised national gym memberships if you are based elsewhere.
- Nursery Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme and Travel loans
- Medigold employee support, Free Flu Jabs, online private GP service and a premium subscription to Calm, the wellbeing app
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring plans including our GC Leadership Academy, job specific accreditations and higher education opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities with time in the office including breakfast Mondays and dog friendly Fridays.
- Financial benefits include yearly bonus scheme, access to Wagestream and employee share options
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.