Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
At Ground Control we have a brand-new opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to support our Rail and Infrastructure division.
Reporting directly to the Infrastructure Director, this senior leadership role will play a crucial part in ensuring the successful delivery and growth of our Infrastructure business as well as building a Commercial team for the future.
The Infrastructure Commercial team have a broad remit including forecasting, cash collection, client interactions and most importantly, for this role, the contract negotiation side as well.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Contract negotiation and reviews across a range of NEC3, NEC4 and JCT contracts
- Regular divisional forecasting and budget reviews
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies to achieve the divisional goals and objectives
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key customers and partners to ensure long-term business success and growth of the division
- Setting aligned goals and targets for the commercial team to monitor and manage team performance
- Recruiting and retaining a high performing team for the future
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager who has extensive experience on large scale complex contracts across NEC3, NEC4 and JCT frameworks.
This role is hybrid based and we are flexible on location however it would be useful to be within 1 hour of one of our office locations across Billericay, Essex, Aldgate, London or Leeds so that access to our offices is possible when required.
You’ll need extensive contract management experience coupled with strong leadership skills that can motivate and inspire a diverse team. You’ll be a great team manager, but you will also need a head for detail and be commercially astute in order to drive this part of our business forward.
In addition, you will need;
- Excellent operational management abilities, including strategic planning, resource allocation, and performance optimisation.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, and team members.
- Proactive problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- A commitment to delivering outstanding customer service, acting with integrity, and honouring commitments.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for leading successful commercial teams, driving growth and improvement, and embodying our core values, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in creating an inspirational environment , and rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits program , supporting you to realise your full potential, and are proud to be recognised as a great place to work:
Awards, Accolades and Culture
- We have been awarded ‘world-class’ status for employee engagement in the 2023 best companies results, ranking at #16 in the ‘Top 100 Large Companies to Work For’ league table.
- Certified B-Corp Accredited, Ground Control has been certified by B Lab, the not-for-profit behind the B Corp movement, as having met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent its commitment to sustainable goals ahead of profit.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and achieving carbon net zero after becoming carbon neutral in 2020.
- 2 personal choice volunteering days with your fundraising efforts matched up to £500!
Perks and Benefits
- Free gym access if you are Head Office based or subsidised national gym memberships if you are based elsewhere.
- Nursery Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme and Travel loans
- Medigold employee support, Free Flu Jabs, online private GP service and a premium subscription to Calm, the wellbeing app
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring plans including our GC Leadership Academy, job specific accreditations and higher education opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities with time in the office including breakfast Mondays and dog friendly Fridays.
- Financial benefits include yearly bonus scheme, access to Wagestream and employee share options
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.