Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Certified B-Corp Accredited, Ground Control has been certified by B-Lab, the not-for-profit behind the B-Corp movement, as having met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent its commitment to sustainable goals ahead of profit. We have also been awarded a ‘world-class’ status for employee engagement in the 2023 Best Companies results, ranking at #16 in the ‘Top 100 Large Companies to Work For’ league table.
Our Junior Arb Surveyor will work in liaison with the Contract Delivery Manager and Project Managers to survey power line arboriculture work ready for the cutting teams to deliver the works. This role is surveying only and will be a field based position.
We are looking to expand in the Essex, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire areas, so if you believe this could be your ideal next career step, we are very interested in hearing from you.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and Caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Full, valid UK driving license
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- An awareness and respect for Health & Safety precaution
- Good coordination of your own workload
- Exemplary customer service skills
- A results-driven mentally with a focus on seeing a job through
Although full training will be provided for the right candidate, the following would be beneficial:
- NPTC Utility Arboriculture Units 1 (301), 2.1 (302), 5.1 (401), and 5.2 (402)
- LANTRA Basic or Professional Tree Inspectors Qualification
Join us to make a difference!