Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company and winner of 5 BALI Awards 2023!
We have a great new opportunity for a Landscape Construction Manager focusing on works primarily in the Midlands and South East of England.
The Construction Manager is responsible for delivering Landscape construction projects on time, to the specified quality and generating the budgeted profit margin. Projects are both hard and soft landscape commercial works, ranging in size up to £2million. Our current requirement is specifically for someone with a previous success in managing and delivering medium to large multi-disciplinary landscape construction projects.
Duties will include:
- Completion of projects on time and to the agreed standards
- Ensure gross margins are maintained on projects
- Management of Sub Contractors and Direct Labour.
- Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health and Safety standards.
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment and materials
- Delivering on a wide range of landscape projects in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Undertake safety and quality site inspections and audits.
- Client communication and relationship building.
- Pricing variations.
- Maintaining site records.
- Mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Identify and act on business development opportunities.
- Liaison with other departments and colleagues within Ground Control.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in creating an inspirational environment , and rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits program , supporting you to realise your full potential, and are proud to be recognised as a great place to work:
Awards, Accolades and Culture
- We have been awarded ‘world-class’ status for employee engagement in the 2023 best companies results, ranking at #16 in the ‘Top 100 Large Companies to Work For’ league table.
- Certified B-Corp Accredited, Ground Control has been certified by B Lab, the not-for-profit behind the B Corp movement, as having met rigorous social and environmental standards which represent its commitment to sustainable goals ahead of profit.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident'
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and progressing on our journey to carbon net zero after becoming carbon neutral in 2020.
- 2 personal choice volunteering days with your fundraising efforts matched up to £500!
Perks and Benefits
- Free gym access if you are Head Office based or subsidised national gym memberships if you are based elsewhere.
- Nursery Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme and Travel loans
- Bupa employee support, Free Flu Jabs, online private GP service and a premium subscription to Calm, the wellbeing app
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring plans including our GC Leadership Academy, job specific accreditations and higher education opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities with time in the office including breakfast Mondays and dog friendly Fridays.
- Financial benefits include yearly bonus scheme, access to Wagestream and employee share options
Who are we looking for?
In order to succeed in this role you will need extensive previous construction industry experience, ideally with landscape construction and at the management level. You’ll be used to managing and delivering multidisciplinary projects on time and to budget.
In addition you will need;
- CSCS (required), SSSTS (desirable), SMSTS (desirable)
- NEBOSH/IOSH (desirable)
- Full driving licence (essential)
You'll be dedicated and hard-working with the ability to work on your initiative and as part of a team. Sound written and numeracy skills are also an essential. In addition you'll possess basic IT skills, email, Word, Excel and photo management.
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.