Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company, and this is your opportunity to make your mark in a growing organisation that needs future focused L&D.
We have an exciting, brand new opportunity for a strong and enthusiastic L&D Trainer to join us and help change the face of Learning at Ground Control!
You will become a key member of our L&D team delivering newly designed, modern blended learning materials, bespoke materials, and programmes to a hungry audience. You’ll own your own programmes, play a part in the research, and help to design all our content. You’ll use your design skills to create modules for programmes, partner with our eLearning Manager for new materials, Bitesize guides and manage an online social learning platform keeping your learners engaged.
The main part of your role is delivery, but because you’re so well organised and pay attention to detail you’ll have plenty of time to build your design and business partnering skills too. This is an excellent time to join and build your experience and your future career by joining us at such a critical time in our expansion.
You’ll also be looking after our onboarding process and induction and helping our new hires to have the best experience as they start with us. The role you play will truly be critical to the entire business.
What we offer.
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and are carbon neutral
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work.
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
Outgoing, confident, and energetic you will be someone with experience in L&D who can help us to create a modern learning culture across our business and help bring learning to life for different audiences with varying needs. You’ll be flexible, innovative, and willing to work hard but with a solid purpose every day. You can be based anywhere in the UK but you’ll need super strong Wi-Fi to be effective!
As any business in growth will ask, your resilience levels will need to be high. You’ll report to our experienced Head of L&D who will guide, nurture, and develop you every step of the way as you help bring their vision to life. We’d love to help you build on some of these skills, but you’ll need to already have measurable experience of design and delivery in a fast-paced organisation and must be a dab hand at delivering engaging sessions via webinars.
The team is fun, passionate and love what they do, so you’ll need to show those same qualities to hit the ground running and help them smash their goals.
You’ll be mainly focused on the below:
- Researching, adapting, and embedding modern learning techniques across all materials
- Designing, delivering and management of in-house development programmes
- Creating fun and engaging bitesize on demand content
- Making onboarding and induction a memorable experience
- Working on bespoke learning requests from the business
- Managing a social learning platform with content and interaction
- Evaluation of programmes to prove ROI
- Creating a culture of learning across a growing business
This role will be a hybrid role but spending most of the time at home to deliver exciting training. We’ll flex this around you as we grow but we’d like you to spend at least 2 days per month in our office in Billericay with the rest of the team and meet your manager outside the office occasionally so some travel will be involved (he’ll meet you halfway!)
We will support you with any studies if you need that, once you’ve completed your probationary period, but you must be highly self-motivated as you will need to complete this at the same time as your busy role.
If you’d like this opportunity to truly make your mark and develop an envious skill set designing and delivering training in a growing multi-million-pound business, then apply now!