Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company, and this is your opportunity to earn while you learn on our Arborist (tree surgeon) Apprenticeship programme at Ground Control.
Ground Control is a leading grounds maintenance and landscaping business committed to enhancing and improving the physical environment.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Arborist to join our highly skilled Rail team based at numerous sites across the North West of England.
You’ll work on various rail sites with our experienced team of expert Arborists and Site Managers, learning everything you need to know about; the growth and care of trees, use of specialist equipment like chain saws and aerial rope access, as well as all aspects of health and safety related to tree surgery. We’ll give you all the time, support and guidance you need to achieve highly in the Level 2 Arborist course lasting 2 years. This includes 1 day a week to focus on your studies at Myerscough College in Preston.
All we ask is that you put in as much effort as we do!
This really could be your first step towards a long and successful career within the Arb industry at Ground Control. We want more than anything to see our apprentices move up in their career to team leader and senior management roles in the future.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and are already carbon neutral
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for, hard-working, responsible people who are genuinely looking to grow a long-term career in the Arb industry.
You must love;
- Trees and the natural environment
- The outdoors’, in all weathers
- Manual physical work
You’ll also need to be a self-starter able to motivate yourself to complete your studies at the same time as working 4 days a week. You will ideally need a minimum of 4 GCSE grades D/E or 2/3 including both Maths and English.
As this role based across the region you will also need to hold a full driving licence to allow you to travel between sites.
If you’d like this opportunity to learn as you earn, apply now.
Join us to make a difference