Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
We have an opening for an outstanding Business Development Director. Working within our highly successful BD Team, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your ‘A’ Player skills, securing new B2B relationships to deliver our ambitious 5-year business plan, while caring for our environment
This is a field based role, as such you can be based anywhere in the UK.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. Along a great basic salary and superb commission prospects, we also offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential:
Benefits and Perks
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral.
- Free gym access,
- Nursery Vouchers,
- Cycle to work, Travel loans.
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
- Share Options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Your key aim will be to win new business through your outstanding ability to consult, negotiate and secure new customers.
- You’ll identify future customer opportunities, typically large, Blue Chip multi-site organisations, develop and nurture these client relationships to identify where Ground Control offerings can add value and increase our customer portfolio.
- Taking ownership for your own success, you’ll have autonomy to initiate and develop opportunities and relationships for Ground Control.
- Acting as Brand Ambassador for Ground Control, you’ll increase company awareness and drive large, successful sales.
- Confident in the public speaking arena, you’ll create and deliver world class presentations to ‘C’ suite executives to achieve high win rates.
Who we’re Seeking:
- An ‘A’ player who can demonstrate ,through their career achievements, their ability to open doors, identify and build strong relationships with the decision makers, and turn big ticket opportunities into successful relationships.
- An Experienced Business Development Professional who can demonstrate a career of successfully securing new business with contracts valued above £500,000, ideally in the Infrastructure and Utilities sectors.
- A key player in the business you’ll be someone dedicated to moving forwards, embracing opportunity and committed to supporting our growth and ambitious business goals.
- A people person, that enjoys relationship building, with strong EQ to spot the need for a change in approach, resilience to keep engagement high, and speed of thought to pull new solutions into the mix while thinking on your feet.
- We’re a values based, people centred company and you’ll share our values and commitment while Caring for the Environment.
We have ambitious plans, Join Us!