Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
We are currently looking for an Arborist to join our team in and around the South Wales area.
This role will be working in a team covering all aspects of arb work (including felling, pruning, crown lifting, reduction and thinning) on rail sites. We provide all PPE and equipment, as well as training and memberships. Some travel will be required to meet the needs of the business, however, you will be compensated accordingly.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
You will need to be a confident climber with bags of motivation and high standards. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, but not essential as long as you have a background in Arb. Due to the environment and nature of the work, you must be aware of strict Health & Safety measures and adhere to these at all times.
Although not essential, it would be beneficial for you to have some, if not all, of the following:
- Brushwood Chipper operations (NPTC)
- S30 – Maintain The Chainsaw
- CS31 - Fell Small Trees
- CS36 – Cross, cut & Stack procedure
- CS38 – Climb Trees & perform Aerial rescue
- CS39 – Operate the chainsaw from a rope & harness
- ASG02 - Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations
- First Aid awareness/certification
- PTS ticket
- Full, valid driving license
Join us to make a difference!