Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Arb Surveyor based in the Southampton, Winchester, Salisbury, and Weymouth areas, working alongside SSE. The Utility Arb Project Manager will work in liaison with the Contract Delivery Manager to ensure overhead power line arboriculture work is completed within a geographical area utilising a team of operational staff. To ensure work is completed to the highest possible standards in terms of safety, environment, quality, customer service and profitability.
This role will involve spending 3/4 days a week surveying spans - perfect for those with a love of the great outdoors!
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and Caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Full, valid UK driving license
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent orgnisation skills in order to prioritise effectively and balance demands from numerous sources
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- An awareness and respect for Health & Safety precaution
- Good coordination of both your own and a teams workload
- Exemplary customer service skills
- A results-driven mentally with a focus on seeing a job through
Although full training will be provided for the right candidate, the following would be beneficial:
- Arb experience
- NPTC Utility Arboriculture Units 1, 2.1, 5.1 and 5.2
- LANTRA Basic or Professional Tree Inspectors Qualification
Join us to make a difference!