Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company and we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Grounds Maintenance Operative to be part of a team working across our sites in Yorkshire, mostly in the Leeds area. Working as part of this busy team, the purpose of the Seasonal Grounds Maintenance Operative is to carry out a range of horticultural duties to support the running of the contract. This involves driving to sites, grass cutting, hedge cutting, spraying and general grounds maintenance duties including some cleansing of sites as and when required.
We would welcome applications from existing Grounds Maintenance Operatives with previous knowledge and experience within this field.
- Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training.
- Grounds Maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Able to carry out physically demanding tasks.
- Hold a full, clean UK Driving licence.
- Able to work safely within guidance and legislation.
- Experience in a similar job role.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- PA1 & PA6 qualification's are desirable.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Providing grounds maintenance and cleansing services for retail sites and business parks throughout Yorkshire.