Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to continued growth and demand, we are recruiting a nightshift helpdesk administrator to join our expanding Winter Maintenance team based from our Leeds office in Gildersome. This is a 6 month Maternity Contract starting from Mid-September and the shift pattern will be –
Four nights on, four nights off – 7.30pm-6.30am = 11 hours (10 working) or 8.30pm-7.30am = 11 hours (10 working)
This role involves coordinating the smooth running, and day-to-day back office functions for Ground Control's Winter Maintenance helpdesk, administration, client support and general nightshift operations, a vital division in our business. You will have ownership for key activities such as the effective flow of all communication types between our delivery team and our Clients during busy periods in the Winter. During the summer period you will transfer over to the Summer Maintenance team to carry out a similar role.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
This role is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Administrator or Customer Service professional to work within a busy and exciting new environment. Any experience within winter maintenance, facilities or account management would be preferred but isn’t essential.
You will need to have the ability to work well under pressure and make decisions quickly and independently when required. In addition you must be able to communicate with people at all levels as you will be speaking to clients and field teams every day especially during the busy Winter season.
Join us to make a difference!