Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
Ground Control are looking for a Landscape Planner to join our in-house design team, due to an increase in workload and continued company growth. The design and build team at Ground Control recently collected the prestigious BALI Grand Award and we have an extensive client base across the UK, working on large scale infrastructure projects, innovative ecological green spaces and cutting edge landscape design.
What you’ll achieve;
Working within this role, you will be the lead expert on landscape planning matters and will take the lead with our residential, mixed use, infrastructure and various other landscape planning applications.
This role will be a hybrid role, based between our office in Billericay, Essex and home but we will also consider applicants from across the UK working remotely if you have the suitable skill set.
This is a permanent position that offers fantastic career progression opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Growing our Landscape Planning services offered to our existing clients and acquire new customers to increase our portfolio at pre-planning stages of more complex projects.
- Writing and preparing Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments, Townscape and Visual Impact Assessments and Tall Building Assessment, Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment Chapter for inclusion in Environmental Statements, Preliminary Landscape and Visual Appraisals to inform the development process, Strategic assessments of landscape designated land such as Green Belts and Strategic Gaps and Landscape Capacity Studies
- Site appraisals, report writing and overseeing preparation of illustrative material
- Working as both a team member and a mentor to less experienced colleagues where required and collaborating with other teams within the wider business.
- Briefing landscape technicians for the preparation of supporting illustrative and photographic material
- Project management, managing projects within agreed timescales and fees, and overseeing less experienced team members working on smaller projects
- Acting as Project Manager for a mix of projects for both internal and external clients
- Writing and contributing to LVIAs / SLVIAs / TVIAs to support a wide range of projects, including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects, typically in the onshore and offshore renewables, commercial, residential, leisure and transport sectors.
- Undertaking site visits and viewpoint photography
- Inputting into landscape masterplans and landscape and ecological management plans
- Engaging with clients and preparing fee proposals and tender bids for the landscape planning services.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
Who are we looking for?
As you will be the main point of contact for landscape planning matters, we are looking for an expert in landscape planning matters who will be able to work independently, offer accurate advise and take the lead with our multiple pre-application projects.
Ground Control is seeking highly motivated industry leading professionals who can demonstrate a blend of technical design expertise, along with proven project management skills and sector experience.
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
You will have a degree in Landscape Architecture or Town Planning or related discipline and ideally be a Chartered Member of The Landscape Institute (CMLI) or RTPI with relevant experience appliable to this level, and be able to offer the following:
- Drive, skills and contacts in the profession to grow our landscape planning arm of the business.
- Experience in engaging with both public and private sector clients and consulting with local planning authorities.
- Excellent report writing and organisational skills
- Experience carrying out LVIAs for a range of project scales and knowledge of landscape Institute Assessment Guidance (GLVIA)
- Experience of working with a wide range of clients in both public and private sectors
- Proficient in, or an understanding of, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud and desktop publishing software
- Be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and under your own initiative to deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel for project work
- Detailed knowledge on national and regional policies, environmental planning issues, environmental impact assessment regulations.
Experience in preparing fee proposals and tender bids and acquiring new clients. If you are interested in the role please send your CV and portfolio (if you have a design background) with role relevant samples of work alongside an expression of interest cover.
Join us to make a difference!