Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have a new opportunity for a Principal Ecologist to take a technical leadership role and help develop our internal consultancy practice and strategy. This senior position within our growing Ecology Consultancy division will be key to expanding our Ecological services and contribute to our core aim of ‘caring for the environemnt’
You will be given the opportunity to work on a range of projects for a wide variety of clients across the UK and will be responsible for client retention and penetration including building great client relationships. You will also use your expertise and contacts to support the Principal of Ground Control Professional Services team in seeking out new business development opportunities wherever possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the implementation of a range of ecological, habitat and protected species surveys, licenses and LBAPS for a variety of clients
- Liaising with and providing high quality technical support and advice to both our clients and wider Ground Control Company
- Working proactively to maintain and develop internal and external client relationships
- Working closely to our compliance team to provide environmental input including legislative updates, audit and training for the wider company
- Ecological project management
- Business development including preparation of fee quotes and tenders
We are looking for applications from highly experienced Ecology professional with substantial ecological consultancy experience within project management. In addition you will ideally have proven business development experience as the role will involve expanding the Ecology portfolio.
You should be experienced in producing technical reports including EPS licence applications, EcIA and BREEAM and be experienced in liaising with clients and various stakeholders, with a proven ability to identify and facilitate solutions.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Full CIEEM (Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management) membership
- Proven and substantial ecological consultancy experience
- Proven business development experience, and enthusiasm for growing the Ecology business.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to work under own initiative and prioritise workloads
- Hold one or more protected species licenses
- Will have detailed knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental Legislation and local planning policies/process
- Be willing to travel and have a full and clean driving license
Join us to make a difference!