Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
We have a great new opportunity for a Landscape Construction Manager to join our Projects Division. The role can be based in London, the South East or the Midlands or the North as we have projects throughout England.
The Construction Manager is responsible for delivering Landscape construction projects on time, to the specified quality and generating the budgeted profit margin. Projects are both hard and soft landscape commercial works, ranging in size up to £4million. Our current requirement is specifically for someone with a previous success in managing and delivering medium to large multi-disciplinary landscape construction projects.
Duties will include:
- Completion of projects on time and to the agreed standards
- Ensure gross margins are maintained on projects
- Management of Sub Contractors and Direct Labour.
- Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health and Safety standards.
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment and materials
- Delivering on a wide range of landscape projects in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Undertake safety and quality site inspections and audits.
- Client communication and relationship building.
- Pricing variations.
- Maintaining site records.
- Mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Identify and act on business development opportunities.
- Liaison with other departments and colleagues within Ground Control.
As most of the work that this role covers North of the M25 this is the ideal location for a candidate to be in this area. Regular travel across the region is part of the role depending on the current projects however you can be based from home when you are not required on site or in meetings.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
In order to succeed in this role you will need extensive previous construction industry experience, ideally with landscape construction and at the management level. You’ll be used to managing and delivering multidisciplinary projects on time and to budget.
In addition you will need;
- CSCS (required), SSSTS (desirable), SMSTS (desirable)
- Full driving licence (essential)
You'll be dedicated and hard-working with the ability to work on your initiative and as part of a team. Sound written and numeracy skills are also an essential. In addition you'll possess basic IT skills, email, Word, Excel and photo management.