Lead Software Engineer
Human Nature at its best.
It is our vision at Ground Control to leave the world in a better place than we found it.
We create better landscapes, nurture natural environments and construct spaces that bring people, places and the planet together.
Our national team of experts deliver tech- enabled, evidence-based solutions to businesses across the UK – maintaining ecosystems so they are fit for the future.
At Ground Control we deliver better environments for a better world.
We have an opening for a high-calibre Lead Software Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded technology leader with extensive experience of collaborative working with business stakeholders ,to implement high quality software changes. The successful candidate will be instrumental in shaping the transformation of our technology, practices, and team.
Everyone is welcome, and we are embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we will succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities, and caring for our Environment.
What we offer
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. Along with a great basic salary and twice-yearly bonus, we also offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
What you’ll achieve
As a Lead Software Engineer you will:
- Take ownership for the implementation of high-quality software change to Ground Control’s products and platforms.
- Shape and define the future state architecture and technical direction of our platforms and solutions in close collaboration with our architects.
- Modernise the software design, delivery, and test practices within a cross-functional squad in collaboration with Product Owners and the Scrum Master.
- Help your team to achieve their full potential through coaching, training and mentoring.
Who we’re looking for -
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid experience of software engineering in commercial environments.
- A positive track record in coaching, mentoring, and line-managing software engineers
- Hands-on experience of modern engineering practices and architectures (CI/CD, continuous delivery, automated testing, event-driven architectures, serverless computing, microservices).
- Previous experience of transforming monolithic legacy apps into scalable, distributed architectures.
- Experience maintaining desktop and web applications.
- A polyglot mindset. Although your core experience will be using the latest Microsoft stack (.NET5 or above, Azure, SQL Server), you will also have an awareness of (and have experimented with) a broader suite of technologies which may include Node.js, React or Vue.js, Golang, Power Platform, Blockchain, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Experience of hybrid nearshore environments.
We have ambitious plans, join our adventure !Lond