Product Owner at Ground Control
Ground Control (GC) is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all.
We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations such as Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, and the Tower of London, to name a few.
We have an opening for a Product Owner. The primary focus of this role will be to lead the discovery phase for a new system as well as to act as product owner for typical business-as-usual enhancements of some existing business applications.
What we offer
We are an Investors in People Gold Standard company and we put people at the centre of everything we do. Everyone is welcome, and we are embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we will succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities, and caring for our Environment.
Our awards and initiatives are a testament to this:
▪ Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company, and the LSE’s “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain”.
▪ The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation 2021.
▪ We inclusively support “The Race at Work Charter”, “Ban the Box”, “The Armed Forces Covenant” and are “Disability Confident”.
▪ We offer a supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters inclusion & collaboration.
▪ We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
▪ By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral. We believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work through many perks and benefits including:
▪ A competitive salary and semi-annual bonuses, share options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover.
▪ Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with a clear career path progression.
▪ Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days.
▪ Free gym access and nursery vouchers.
▪ Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
▪ Bupa employee support, free flu jab, subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
What you will achieve As a Product Owner within Engineering, you will:
▪ Lead the end-to-end discovery phase for a new system to support the operations of one of our business divisions.
▪ Swiftly become an “expert” in the operations of the relevant business division.
▪ Hold appropriate discussions, workshops, and meetings with business stakeholders to understand the requirements.
▪ Clearly document the high-level requirements and the business processes the system must support.
▪ Review these high-level requirements with the business stakeholders to ensure coverage and accuracy.
▪ Act as product owner for the agile team that will design, build, test, and implement this new system.
Who we are seeking
▪ You have good experience of Product Ownership.
▪ You are well-versed in web technologies and know how they can be exploited to build amazing products.
▪ You are very familiar with Scrum (or an equivalent agile development process).
▪ You can communicate product requirements in a clear, structured fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences.
▪ You have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills. ▪ Ideally, you have a degree in a computing or related discipline. This is, however, not essential.
We have ambitious plans, join our community .
Human Nature - at its best.