It is our vision at Ground Control to leave the world in a better place than we found it.
We create better landscapes, nurture natural environments and construct spaces that bring people, places and the planet together.
We are enhancers, creators and shapers with a strong work ethic that enables us to deliver a diverse range of services to multiple sectors and clients.
Our national team of experts deliver tech- enabled, evidence-based solutions to businesses across the UK – maintaining ecosystems so they are fit for the future.
We have an opening for a high-calibre QA Engineer .
Our Engineering department are helping to ensure Ground Control’s continued commercial success by transforming business process and customer experience. As a QA Engineer, you will play a critical role enabling Ground Control's continued growth.
Everyone is welcome, and we are embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows initiative, and initiative skyrockets innovation. Together we will succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities, and caring for our environment.
What we offer
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. Along with a great basic salary and twice-yearly bonus, we also offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
What you’ll achieve
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Work closely with product owners, scrum masters and lead engineers to ensure that software requirements are clearly defined, and that any potential edge or failure cases are considered and addressed.
- Advocate and evangelise for functional and non-functional excellence in everything you do, in line with modern UX principles, operational efficiency, and standards regarding security, resilience, and scalability.
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure acceptance criteria for all user stories are clearly defined and captured and solutions delivered by engineers fully meet the agreed functional design and holistic business needs.
- Work with product owners and scrum masters to balance the need for clear and comprehensive test cases against the need for agility – just enough, just in time is the key.
- Define clear test cases that align to defined acceptance criteria that cover all use cases and give appropriate consideration to edge cases, failure cases, and non-functional considerations (scale, security, and resilience),ensuring that test cases are executed for all deliveries and that defects are appropriately triaged and remediated.
- Work with product owners and scrum masters to ensure that backlogs are written in a way that supports incremental testing and release of changes.
- Identify test cases that represent good candidates for automation and to use appropriate tooling to create automated tests.
- Work with Software/DevOps/Infrastructure Engineers to ensure good quality test environments are available and, where possible, that appropriate automated processes are in place to align these to production, scale these out, and refresh data as required.
Who we’re looking for -
The successful candidate will have knowledge in:
- C#/.NET (Core and 5),HTML5/CSS 3,Front-end frameworks (e.g., Angular, React, Vue.js) SQL and NoSQL database technologies, Algorithms and data structures, Design patterns and principles, Microservice architectures, Domain driven development, Message-based architectures, CI/CD (Azure Pipelines/Octopus Deploy/TeamCity/AWS Code Build and Deploy), Cloud (Azure preferable, AWS also considered) Architectural patterns for resilience, scalability, and security.
- Strong people skills with effective listening and communication , and the ability to influence and problem solve.
- Experience in change and process management
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
We have ambitious plans, join our adventure !