Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Grounds Maintenance Supervisor with previous knowledge and experience within this field to support our Contract Manager, in the Andover area. Ground Control carries out a range of horticultural duties in this area including grass cutting, hedge cutting, spraying and general grounds maintenance duties.
Duties will include:
- The coordination of resources including plant, staff, machinery, vehicles and equipment
- You will be required to operate machinery, including hedge cutters, mowers and various hand tools.
- Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training.
- Conduct basic practical training and mentoring sessions with new and existing staff members.
- Effectively manage performance and promptly raise shortcomings with the Contract Manager.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance at all times.
- Ensure work instructions are issued to staff and to verify completion.
- Generate ad-hoc works by reporting relevant observations back to your line manager
- Assist with the delivery of ad-hoc works on a practical level upon the instruction of your line manager
- To carry out joint inspections with client in absence of Contract/Assistant Manager and identify and additional works. Initial measure and quantify additional works.
- Ensure work schedules are carried out as instructed.
- Undertake any training required to carry out duties.
- To report promptly and accurately on all activities to the Contract manager.
- To attend if required meetings with clients
What we offer:
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you will have quality and customer satisfaction at the heart of your delivery and always be looking to progress your professional career and personal development.
You’ll need a breadth of knowledge and experience of working in the Grounds Maintenance industry ideally with a strong focus on housing sector clients and possess the ability to lead and inspire a team of operatives, whilst promoting our company values and standards.
We would welcome applications from existing Grounds Maintenance Supervisors / Team Leaders with previous knowledge and management experience within this field. PA1 and PA6 qualifications are highly desirable.
A full valid UK driving licence is essential for the role as you will be using a company vehicle, as well as a mobile phone.