Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company
We have a great new opportunity for a Senior Landscape Construction Manager focusing on landscaping works in and around the Midlands.
The Construction Manager is responsible for delivering Landscape construction projects on time, to the specified quality and generating the budgeted profit margin. Projects are both hard and soft landscape commercial works, ranging in size up to £2million. Our current requirement is specifically for someone with a previous success in managing and delivering medium to large multi-disciplinary landscape construction projects.
What you’ll achieve;
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Completion of projects on time and to the agreed standards
- Ensure gross margins are maintained on projects
- Management of Sub Contractors and Direct Labour.
- Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health and Safety standards.
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment and materials
- Delivering on a wide range of landscape projects in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Undertake safety and quality site inspections and audits.
- Client communication and relationship building.
- Pricing variations.
- Maintaining site records.
- Mentoring and coaching of staff.
- Identify and act on business development opportunities.
- Liaison with other departments and colleagues within Ground Control
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
The projects that this role would be responsible for are all in the Midlands so we are flexible on the home base of the candidate within this area. You will have regular travel across the region as part of this role as well as time spent working from home when you are not required on site or in meetings. The level of travel is dependent on the current live projects.
In order to succeed as a Construction Manager at Ground Control you will need extensive previous soft landscaping experience and at the management level. Hard landscaping would also be an advantage. Whatever your background you’ll be used to managing and delivering multidisciplinary projects on time and to budget.
In addition you will need;
•CSCS (required), SSSTS (desirable), SMSTS (desirable)
•Full driving licence (essential)
You'll be dedicated and hard-working with the ability to work on your initiative and as part of a team. Sound written and numeracy skills are also an essential. In addition, you'll possess basic IT skills, email, Word, Excel and photo management.
Join us to make a difference!