Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated, driven Supervisor to join our busy team working on the National Grid Hinkley Connection Project renewing the infrastructure between Bristol and Bridgwater over the next 5 years (Please note this is Project is not on the Power Station).
Reporting into the Construction Manager this role will help to coordinate and supervise direct and subcontracted labour to ensure that this project as well as others in the region are completed on time, within budget and also to a high quality standard
What you’ll achieve;
Key responsibilities will include;
• Day to day co-ordination and supervision of direct and sub-contracted staff
• Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
• Supporting Construction Managers in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards
• Undertake safety and quality inspections and audits
• Client communication and relationship building - Excellent customer service skills
• Completing site inspections and maintaining site records
• Results Driven - Driving outputs and motivating teams
• Ensuring a high standard of work
• Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills
• Experience of leading teams and or coordinating the work of others
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for an existing Supervisor or ambitious Team leader looking for a change. Whatever your current role you’ll need practical experience within the landscape construction industry coupled with supervisory experience.
Our preferred candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Appropriate CSCS competency qualifications
- SSSTS (min) SMSTS (ideally)
- A formal qualification in horticulture (preferred)
- Full current driving licence
- Understanding of buried services avoidance including CAT scan and ability to read service drawings.
- Valid CAT scan certificate an advantage or training will be required
- Telehandler competency
Join us to make a difference!