Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
At Ground Control we have a brand new opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Landscape Construction Projects team, focusing on works in and around the South of England, London and the Home Counties. This role works closely with the Projects team to deliver all projects efficiently whilst also achieving maximum profit reporting against target profit margin results.
Overall, you will work to improve the financial performance and commercial reporting on large scale Landscaping projects and contracts, keeping our delivery team well informed at all time. This will lead to better informed decisions and also identify when necessary corrective actions need to be made as the works progress through planning and production. The role would involve internal reporting only, although there would be involvement in attending progress meetings with our clients.
- Taking off materials to compare drawings against bill items.
- Assisting in the preparation of procurement schedules for material price quotations and call-off.
- Obtaining quotations, preparing and placing specialist subcontract packages of work after discussion and agreement with the project team.
- Processing monthly sub-contractor’s accounts and payment certificates.
- Carrying out site measures as required.
- Planning/programming workload.
- Working closely with procurement to manage delivery against programme.
- Document control internal and external in close working with the project team (eg. Architect drawing revisions /AI’s/RFI’s/Variation quotations/sub-contractor accounts )
- Managing change control process (variations)recording and valuing AI’s (with PM input)
- Providing cost forecast reports to project team & Commercial manager for update of CVTC
- Measuring resource cost against sales value – monthly cost & value reconciliation (CVR)
- Preparing monthly site valuations for agreement with commercial manager & project manager to submit applications.
- Providing weekly cost reports
- Highlighting areas of cost overrun/underspend to budget and/or sales value.
- Liaising with the Project manager and Commercial manager regarding delays and entitlements for recovery of additional time and money. Drafting any resulting contractual notices for review by wider team and submission by Commercial Manager.
- Attend internal monthly contract review meetings and prior submission of financial summary to Assistant Commercial Manager.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
This role is perfect for an experienced QS who is looking for a new challenge in an expanding and successful Landscape Construction team. We would consider applications from any backgrounds but would especially like to talk to candidates with large scale projects and Main Contractor experience.
Whatever your previous experience you will need a highly analytical approach to your work with a strong attention to detail. You’ll have great communication skills as you will regularly be liaising with clients and attending progress meetings with them.
Join us to make a difference!