Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company & 11 time winners of the ROSPA Gold Health & Safety award.
Do you have a passion for caring for the environment?
Can you pass your expertise in this on to wider teams successfully?
Are you a trend-setter, always searching for new, innovative solutions?
If so, this is the job you’ve been looking for.
Due to company growth, we are looking for an Environment Manager who shares our values. You will be responsible for driving the implementation, embedment, and continual improvement of our ISO14001 Certified IMS to ensure Ground Control continues to lead the environmental agenda in its chosen markets.
You will be responsible for ensuring processes and procedures are being followed to maintain the company’s high standards, providing training, advice, and support to operational teams and the wider HSQE team where needed. You will be responsible for highlighting emerging, new, and changing legislation and standards so Ground Complain remain compliant.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Assisting in the development of the environmental aspects of the group integrated management system (IMS) to support the business strategy
- Providing technical environmental expertise and support to operational teams, HSQE managers, and customers to better manage our environmental risks and opportunities
- Working with the Head of Environment & Sustainability to actively identify and assess the impact of new environmental legislation and other requirements on Ground Control
- Managing environmental compliance across the business, delivered by operation divisions/ teams, including coordinating applicable licences and permits to operate
- Carrying out environmental incident investigations, liaising with internal stakeholders and external regulators where required
- Partaking in environmental audits, inspections, and site visits to identify areas of good practice and non-conformance, and providing coaching on site-specific environmental impacts
- Analysing environmental data arising from audits, inspections, incidents, and near misses to identify trends and themes, improving environmental performance and better manage risk
- Liaising with environmental regulators, IEMA, and other relevant organisations to bring environmental best practise into Ground Control
- Developing and delivering environmental training, toolbox talks, and other communications to raise awareness and improve skills across our operations
- Supporting tenders by providing technical advice and ensuring our customers are aware of our environmental competencies
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Company pension & bonus scheme
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
To be a perfect fit for the role, you will have the following, however, training can be provided to the right candidate:
- Broad knowledge of environmental aspects including waste management, ecology, discharges and pollution prevention management
- Experience within the construction landscaping industry or similar
- Previous eperience implementing environmental management systems in line with ISO14001:2015
- Experience developing and delivering clear, engaging environmental training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to carry out data analysis, report writing, and presentations
- Exemplary organisation and prioritising skills, allowing you to manage your own workload effectively, even in times where a quick turn-around is required
- Flexible and willing to travel to meet contract requirements
Join us to make a difference!