You will be working in a team of 3 undertaking all aspects of arboricultural work (e.g. felling, pruning, crown lifting, reduction, and thinning) alongside highways, railway, utilities, and construction sites. This role will ideally be based in Northampton, but you must be willing to travel nationally with the Mechanisation team, depending on the location of the project.
What We Offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
How We Work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
We are building an exemplary team of "A" players, so you will be motivated and able to work at pace while maintaining excellent work quality. You will need be conscious of your environment at all times, upholding strict Health & Safety measures. As you will be working with other teams within Ground Control and also with our clients, the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships is essential.
The position requires knowledge in rigging and complex tree work, as well as tree identification and arboricultural practices. You will also need experience and competency certificates in use of chippers and stump grinder.
The ideal fit would have the following, although training can be given to the right person:
- Brushwood Chipper operations (NPTC)
- CS30, CS31, CS36, CS38, and CS39
- ASG02 - Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations
- First Aid awareness/certification
- PTS ticket
- Full UK driving license
- Experience in a similar job role
- Knowledge of Latin plant names and their growth rates
Join us to make a difference!