Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to contract expansion, we have a new opportunity for a Contract Delivery Manager to join the team, focusing on all aspects of vegetation management around the South East of England, working on the power networks.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will contribute to performance and growth, ensuring we exceed our client’s expectations on safety, quality, and operational delivery
What you’ll achieve;
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Completion of a wide range of projects on time and to a high standard
- Ensuring budgeted margins are achieved/improved on projects
- Management of both sub-contractors and direct labour
- Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards
- Allocation of resources including plant, equipment, and materials
- Undertaking safety and quality site inspections and audits
- Client communication and relationship building
- Mentoring and coaching of staff
- Identifying and acting on business development opportunities
- Liaising and collaborating with other departments and colleagues within Ground Control
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
The projects that this role would be responsible for are in primarily based around the south of England, covering areas such as Reading, Oxford, across to Southampton and Salisbury.
In order to succeed as a Contract Delivery Manager at Ground Control, you will need previous experience in a similar role, delivering high quality projects on time and to budget. Although not essential, it would be beneficial to have experience in vegetation management. You'll be dedicated and task-focussed, with the ability to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
You will need:
- Sound Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Basic IT knowledge (email, Word, Excel)
- Full UK driving license and a willingness to travel when required
Although not essential, it would be beneficial to have:
- Background in Arboriculture
Join us to make a difference!