Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Senior CAD Technician
As part of the Ground Control Professional services team, we are looking to appoint a Senior CAD Technician to support our team of Landscape Architects with current workloads and to take a lead in the production of a set of AutoCAD standards for the office. This is a key role within our fast growing in-house design consultancy and will offer fantastic career progression opportunities. The role is initially a 12 month contract but can lead to a permanent position and we offer extensive training and career development.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
You will be expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple different sectors. You will ideally be a professionally qualified technician with experience of generating high quality, accurate and detailed civil engineering or landscape design delivery packages. You will understand the latest industry standard regulations (Building Regulations Part M & K specifically) to work as part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Landscape Architects and Arboriculturalists, ensuring quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings, allowing for thorough checking and accuracy of your own work and the work of members of the team under their supervision, in line with company QA procedures.
- Production of 2D AutoCAD drawings to industry standards.
- Development and implementation of revised company wide AutoCAD protocols
- Presentation of data in accordance with GC Protocols
- Completion of output drawings to meet project programme and client KPI’s.
- Collaboration with the GC delivery team & other external consultants.
- Adherence to HSQE standards
This role will initially be a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to progress to a permanent role and the salary will be between £28,000 and £34,000 per annum, based on your experience.
Join us to make a difference!