Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Arborist to lead a new team across the Midlands area (Hertfordshire/Buckinghamshire). You will be hands-on, undertaking all aspects of arboriculture work along rail and independent client sites, as well as overseeing the rest of the 3 man team.
What you’ll achieve;
As well as climbing and work such as felling, pruning, crown lifting, reduction, and thinning, your key responsibilities will include;
- Taking charge of a 3-man team to ensure work is completed safely, on time, and to a high standard.
- Holding responsibility for site safety
- Understanding work scope in order to deliver results effectively
- Liaising with Ground Control managers and external clients
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- High standards for work quality
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in the Arb industry
- Recent history of working at heights
Although not essential, it would be beneficial for you to also have:
- Full UK Driving Licence
Join us to make a difference!