Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company & 11 time winners of the ROSPA Gold Health & Safety award.
Do you have a passion for Quality, Health, Safety and Environment? Are you looking to be part of a growing company that cares? Do you want to help us to achieve our “Healthy, Safe & Injury free” targets and be more than just a number?
If you answered 'yes' to these questions, look no further, this is your next move!
We have a great new opportunity for a HSQE Manager to join our award-winning HSQE team and to support our Construction Division. The post holder will be instrumental in the development and management of the company Integrated Management System (IMS) as a tool to enable high quality, safe, sustainable and socially responsible delivery of the company’s objectives.
The role will be field based, however, will have access to our Head office in Essex and smaller regional offices UK wide. Working alongside other HSQE professionals, this is a National role, travel will be required depending on business needs.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Work with the company in the development of the new Integrated Management System as a live system, including updating to ensure compliance with latest statutory and regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Supporting the Head of Health & Safety by drafting HSQE documents, & information
- Management of Divisional external audit and accreditation processes, including ISO 9001; ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 IMS certifications and other industry accreditations
- Management of internal audits process, including performance of audits against company IMS requirements and relevant external standards and administration of divisional non-conformance process
- Advise senior management team on compliance and conformance requirements and issues, including associated risk management strategies
- Champion implementation of IMS processes and procedures by the wider team, including continuous improvement through lessons learned and workforce engagement
- Carry out HSQE audits, safety engagements and site inspections
- Participate in HSQE risk assessments at a corporate and project-specific level and advising on delivery methods
- Evaluate supplier & contractor approval applications and audit for compliance against Divisional HSQE requirements
- Assist Business Development by drafting HSQE documentation in support of work winning activities.
- Work closely with the dedicated team of safety professionals to ensure compliance is adhered to at all times in an inclusive risk management strategy
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Company pension & bonus scheme
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
In order to be successful in this role you will need HSQE experience in a similar role. You must be confident in undertaking work-based risk assessments, HSQE type inspections and audits as well as experience of reviewing safe working methods and competency assessments.
Experience within the Grounds Maintenance, Construction or Landscaping industry is highly desirable, however we consider candidates with relevant experience from other industries.
You should hold the NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, membership of IOSH at Tech level or higher, and ideally hold a level 3 qualification in Environmental Management. Additionally, you will be a competent incident/accident investigator.
You must be confident and competent in the use of IT, in particular the Microsoft software, including Microsoft teams. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum of supervision is a must. We are a close team, so the ability to work within and collaborate within a team environment and be willing to support other members, is also a requirement.
Join us to make a difference!