Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We are seeking a driven and passionate Procurement Category Manager to join the team as the go to person to advise and support internal stakeholders on all procurement matters.
As an experienced procurement professional, you will be a capable team leader and excellent communicator, able to build great working relationships with peers and suppliers alike.
You will be responsible for defining and implementing multiple category strategies, managing key supplier relationships, leading sourcing initiatives and supporting the ongoing improvement of the end-to-end Procurement cycle systems and processes for Ground Control. You will direct a small team of buyers to successfully complete category assessments, define, prepare and produce successful procurement strategies.
- Lead and mentor a team of buyers
- Develop and deliver procurement strategies – managing tendering processes and negotiations
- Drive internal compliance of category strategies, report on and manage category spend
- Own the Procurement polices and procedures, ensuring in team and in business buy in
- Create and manage the delivery of supplier contracts, framework agreements and SLAs
- Manage suppliers, ensure compliance across the supply chain and dispute resolution
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Matched funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
- Commercial acumen and a subject matter expert in category management, sourcing, contract and commercial negotiation, procurement led change, contract and supplier management
- Able to demonstrate experience of working at a senior level, creating relationships and providing credible and sound advice with the ability to influence and challenge
- Effective negotiator - must have gravitas along with energy and drive
- Ability to interact and influence stakeholders within various business units
- Demonstrates; Innovation, Judgement & Decision Making, Team Working, Customer Focus, Inspiring Leadership, Analytical skills, Planning & Organising, Adaptability, Communication skills, Technical, Managing performance
- MCIPS qualification or equivalent would be beneficial
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 plus bi-annual bonus, share scheme and company benefits
Join us to make a difference!