Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company and we have an exciting new opportunity for a Yard Operative to join our static team working at our yard in Gildersome, Leeds. Working as part of a busy team, the purpose of the Yard Operative is to carry out a range of duties to support the smooth running of the operations running out of this site. This will include using a mechanical loader, moving/cleaning operational vehicles and general operational yard duties as and when required. You may also be required to deliver and pick up vehicles from external dealerships. You will be perform a key support role to the workshop manager
We would welcome applications from existing Yard Operatives with previous knowledge and experience within this field.
- Operate equipment in accordance with experience and training.
- Yard operative knowledge and experience.
- Able to carry out physically demanding tasks.
- Hold a full, clean UK Driving licence.
- Able to work safely within guidance and legislation.
- Experience in a similar job role.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.