Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated, driven, Construction Supervisor to join our busy team across Bedford and Cambridge.
This role is working a 10 year prestigious development project in the Cambridge area.
Reporting to a Construction Manager this role will help to coordinate and supervise direct and subcontracted labour to ensure that the landscape construction projects within the region are completed on time, within budget and also to a high quality standard.
What you you’ll achieve;
- Day to day co-ordination and supervision of direct and sub-contracted staff
- Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
- Supporting Construction Managers in line with our Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards
- Undertake safety and quality inspections and audits
- Client communication and relationship building
- Pricing work
- Completing site inspections and maintaining site records
- Driving outputs and motivating teams
- Ensuring a high standard of work
- Mentoring and coaching field team staff
- Produce programmes and schedules of work
- Running smaller scale projects as stand in manager
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
· Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
· We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
· A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
· We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
· Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
· Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
· We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
· By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
· Cycle to work, Travel loans
· Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
As most of the projects that this role would be responsible for are in an around Cambridge and Bedford we we could consider candidates around this area. You will have regular travel across the region as part of this role as well as time spent working from home when you are not required on site or in meetings. The level of travel is dependent on the current live projects.
This is a great opportunity for an existing Landscape Construction or Construction Supervisor or ambitious Team leader looking for a change. Whatever your current role you’ll need practical experience within the landscape construction industry coupled with supervisory experience.
Our preferred candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Appropriate CSCS competency qualifications
- SSSTS (min) SMSTS (ideally)
- A formal qualification in horticulture (preferred)
- Full current driving licence
- Understanding of buried services avoidance including CAT scan and ability to read service drawings.
- Valid CAT scan certificate an advantage or training will be required.
· Experience of leading teams and or coordinating the work of others
· Excellent customer service skills
· Results Driven
· Excellent organisational, communication and planning skills.