Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Ground Control are recruiting for a Site Manager to join our Arb Rail team in and around the St Albans area. Your role will be to assist the Contract Manager with managing a contract area as part of a wider framework agreement.
As a Site Manager you will be responsible for driving programme delivery. You will ensure work is completed to the highest possible standards in terms of safety, environment, quality, customer service, compliance and profitability.
OUTCOMES AGAINST WHICH YOU WILL BE MEASURED:
- Achieve a high level of safety awareness and employee/field team safety accountability throughout their assigned sites to achieve zero lost time accidents per year and TRIR of 0.
- Undertake a minimum of 4 Site safety visits or interventions each month.
- Lead by personal example.
- Scope/Survey works and create robust SSOW/RAMS in appropriate format for the business eg Task Briefing Sheet, Site Specific RAMs.
- Be skilled in time tagging the works required.
- Negotiate landowner consents for works and access as appropriate.
- Undertake site handover briefings for all new site works.
- Ensure that all field teams use appropriate GC systems.
- Verifying that field teams submitted site completion documentation before invoices are approved for payment.
- Ensure all communications and documents are saved in the correct contract file on Union Square.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in arboriculture or vegetation management, as well as some but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Personal Track Safety qualification
- Individual Working Alone qualification
- Controller of Site Safety qualification
- Hold a full, clean UK driving license
- Maths and English qualifications at GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience of working safely within guidance and legislation
- Experience of leading teams and or coordinating the work of others
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with landowners and other stakeholders effectively
- Be IT competent : ability to use company software as instructed.
- Ability to prioritise workload and balance demands from numerous sources to ensure that all stakeholder needs are met
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with
- Clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.