Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Due to internal promotion, we are looking for a new Management Accountant to join our winning team. Overall, you will have responsibility for the preparation of monthly Management Accounts and annual budgets for two businesses with expected annual turnovers of circa £50m.
We are a market-leading, fast growing, exciting, creative, dynamic and profitable business.
The company's reputation for investment in its people and technology is exemplary;
Leading the market is not enough: being the best the company can possibly be is. Having the right people to work with it, share its ambition, join the adventure and be part of its success.
Key responsibilities are;
- On-going job costing and project accounting
- Maintenance of current systems and processes, including a number of complex reports
- Ensuring that the management accounts are accurate, timely and delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Completion and review of complex reconciliations
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
We would love to hear from qualified accountants with good all-round business acumen and an understanding of the management of projects and cost deferrals as well as the production and presentation of management accounts. Management Accountants who have a minimum of 2-3 years QBE are also welcome to apply.
You be able to demonstrate strong financial management experience, preferably within SMEs, in roles of increasing responsibility in companies with revenues exceeding £20m.
You’ll have a proven track record mentoring and supervising a finance team and experience of Exchequer financial system an advantage but is not essential.
In addition you will also be;
- Able to demonstrate that you can ‘hit the ground running’ and can quickly understand complex transactions
- Highly attentive to detail and checks all aspects of completed work
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, especially excellent Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills
- Able to set priorities adjusting them appropriately to changing demands
- Dedicated and hardworking with the ability to work on own initiative
- A good communicator across a wide range of individuals, including the proven ability to liaise with Directors and senior managers, contract managers, client representatives, field teams and suppliers
- Highly organised with effective time management, planning, prioritising skills and being able to work for strict deadlines
- A great team player
- A key motivator for team members, keep good balance between delegation and control.
- Highly driven and prepared to go beyond what is expected and highly focused on achieving goals
Join us to make a difference!