We looking for a HGV Technician to join Ground Control's Workshop and Technician Team in our Winter Maintenance Division.
You will be responsible for preventative maintenance , mechanical and electrical repair, of Ground Control's vehicles & related ancillary equipment.
Due to our continued growth we are expanding our fleet of specialist machinery and other pieces of plant. This makes it an incredibly exciting time to join our team and start the next step in your career.
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company . We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
Alternating shift Pattern
- Week 1 0700 - 16.30
- Week 2 1100 – 20.30
- Saturdays on Rota 0800 – 1300 overtime rate weekday overtime x 1.5
- Saturday overtime x 1.5
- Sunday overtime x 2
- Due to the nature of our business there will be a requirement to provide out of hours technician cover on call on a rota basis @ overtime rate.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Starting salary of £30- £35k Depending on Experience (with regular salary reviews)
- 28 days holiday (increasing with length of service
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression and salary reviews.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
What you'll achieve :
- Complete diagnostic analysis where needed
- Action all repairs and maintenance as per DVSA / company / manufacturers requirements and standards
- Use fault diagnosis to ensure first time fix is efficient and cost effective.
- Complete full end of shift handovers including vehicle on or off road status.
- Prepare required paperwork
- Build rapport and develop trust from both internal and external customers.
- Live the company values , and enjoy our inclusive culture.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of processes/methods and operating practices within the Workshop.
- Own a continuous learning mindset and take part in training to grow your skills.
Who we're looking for:
- Ideally you'll be qualified with an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in HGV Vehicle Maintenance Repair as a minimum.
- Experience working as a HGV Technician – Sweeper Experience preferred but not essential
- Some one with strong customer service , communication and problem solving skills.
- You'll have a safe, responsible working attitude – safety first, then teamwork!
- You'll embrace the Ground Control culture and champion our values as a dedicated , real team player.
Join our team , and grow your career !