Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company, and this is your opportunity to earn while you learn!
Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a value centred, purpose driven business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Grounds Maintenance Operative to join our award-winning Grounds Maintenance team at a prestigious site in Lingley Mere, Great Sankey, near Warrington.
You will work with our experienced team learning everything you need to know about Grounds Maintenance from the very beginning of your career, with time allocated to complete the academic side of your Level 2 Grounds Maintenance Operative Course at Burnley during this 2 year apprenticeship.
We’ll ensure you’re fully supported working under the guidance of experienced sector professionals to gain full knowledge and understanding of grounds maintenance as well as being closely managed and mentored by a Ground Control Contract Manager.
You will develop your skills to deliver high standards of general grounds maintenance and gardening services for our customers and their communities. Some duties will include grass cutting, hedge trimming, weeding, and flower bed maintenance. This will be your first step towards a progressive Ground Control career moving towards team leader, supervisor, and senior management roles.
What we offer.
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential.
· Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
· We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
· A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
· We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
· Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
· Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
· We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
· By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and are carbon neutral
· Free gym access
· Nursery Vouchers
· Cycle to work, Travel loans
· Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for, hard-working, responsible people who are looking grow a long-term career into the Landscaping industry. You will need to love the outdoors and not be afraid of manual work, in all weathers. You’ll need to be a self-starter able to push yourself to complete your studies at the same time as working 4 days a week.
If you’d like this opportunity to learn as you earn, apply now.
Join us to make a difference!