Are you a driven Contract Manager with solid experience in managing commercial grounds maintenance work? Are you looking for your next career move to a large well-established company like Ground Control? If this sounds like you then keep reading….
We have a brand new opportunity for a Contract Manager based in and around Brighton and the South Coast
The Contract Manager is at the heart of Ground Control’s business. We have a team of up to 40 Contract Managers and CM designates across the United Kingdom, reporting to 5 Regional Operations Managers. This team delivers consistently high quality grounds maintenance services and acquiring additional business.
What you’ll achieve;
Reporting to a Senior Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the management of our Field Teams and directly employed staff. This is a critical success factor to delivering grounds maintenance work on-time to the specified standard.
Key responsibilities will also be:
· Recruiting and training Field Teams in “Ways of Working” and expected quality standards
· Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams’ work
· Line management and performance management of directly employed staff
· Effectively build and maintain client relationships
· Providing management reports
· Price, sell, and manage landscaping work, either additional grounds maintenance work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project.
· Develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers
· Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender.
· Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing grounds maintenance sites.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’.
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with
- Clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who we’re seeking;
We would welcome applications from existing Contract Managers looking for future progression into a new role that will have a lot of future investment in your training and development. In addition, we would consider candidates who currently have their own grounds maintenance business and are looking to move over to be directly employed in a national business.
Whatever your current role, you will need some management experience gained in your current role as well as a solid grounding in landscaping, grounds maintenance and or horticulture.
Above all you will need the drive and determination to succeed in this central part of our business!