Ground Control is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company.
We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all. We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s and the Tower of London to name a few.
We are currently looking for Arborists to work in North East England.
The Arborist will be working in a team of 3 undertaking all aspects of arboriculture work (including felling, pruning, crown lifting, reduction and thinning) alongside rail sites. This role will ideally be based around Cardiff, but you must be willing to travel with the team depending on the location of the project.
The successful candidate will need to be accomplished in rigging and complex tree work and hold excellent knowledge of tree identification and arboriculture practices. Experience and competency certificates in use of chippers and stump grinder is also essential.
You will need to be an accomplished climber. You must also have previous experience in a similar role, be conscious of the strict health and safety environment in which you are working and be a motivated, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- Being part of a Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company & London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Free gym access
- Nursery Vouchers
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
The candidate will ideally have some, but not necessarily all , of the following:
- Strong academic performance in English and Mathematics
- Brushwood Chipper operations (NPTC)
- S30 – Maintain The Chainsaw
- CS31 - Fell Small Trees
- CS36 – Cross, cut & Stack procedure
- CS38 – Climb Trees & perform Aerial rescue
- CS39 – Operate the chainsaw from a rope & harness
- ASG02 - Certificate of Competence in Stump Grinding Operations
- First Aid awareness/certification
- PTS ticket
- Holds a full, valid driving license
- 2-4 years experience in similar job role
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Knows Latin plant names and their growth rates
Join us to make a difference!