HSQE Compliance Administrator
Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have a permanent opportunity, with a start date in January 2022, for a HSQE Administrator in our Rail team. This role will assist in the delivery of health, safety, quality and environmental excellence in line with the company’s legal compliance, strategic objectives, ISO Standards and client requirements.
Working proactively with the Rail HSQE Manager and existing Rail HSQE Administrator, you’ll establish, maintain and promote a positive, safe and healthy culture across the business with a specific focus on our rail business.
The day to day responsibilities are wide ranging but the following will give you a flavour of what to expect in this busy role.
On a daily basis you will;
- Co-ordinate all admin relating to the Rail team on-boarding and leaver process
- Manage Contracts of Sponsorship
- Arrange medical self-assessments and training bookings with external agencies
- Make sub-sponsorship arrangements
- Maintain the On-Trac planning system interface including user profiles and assistance with monitoring SWP returns and Responsible Manager review process
- Manage the Safe Working Hours process including; requests and collation of returns, sample fatigue risk assessments, provision of KPI data and medication checks - Chemist-On-Call process
- Create clear focused documentation for example safety alerts and toolbox talks with stakeholder guidance
- Monitor all HSQE Compliance matters (as identified) and advise the HSQE Manager as appropriate
We would love to receive applications from existing HSQE or Compliance Administrators. Experience within the rail industry with Sentinel experience would be a great advantage but is not required.
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and Caring for our Environment.
Number one in this role is the need for you to work logically and follow the processes to the letter, so your attention to detail and eye for accuracy is essential.
This is a busy fast paced role and things do change on a daily basis so you will also need to be able to demonstrate resilience and ability to work at pace, alwaysplanning and prioritising workload to ensure objectives are achieved on time.
In addition, you will need to;
- be an excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with people at all levels.
- have the ability to demonstrate clear decision-making skills
- have a good sense of document and presentations formatting and layout
- to able to work on own initiative and positively as a team member
Finally, as you would expect with a role like this, your IT skills are a must and you must feel confident to effectively use Microsoft Office package and databases (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Join our team!