Contract Manager - Fencing
Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Contracts Manager - Fencing to join our rapidly growing Landscape Construction division to manage fencing works nationally.
The overall purpose of the role is to grow and develop Ground Control’s fencing offering within our highly successful Landscape Construction division.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Seeking tender opportunities
· Pricing, procuring and delivering multiple fencing projects on time, to the specified standard any generating the budgeted profit margin
· Acting as a specialist subcontractor for projects ranging in value from £5-£200k
· Ensuring all works adhere to the required Health and Safety standards
· Management and allocation of resources including plant, equipment, vehicles and materials
· Client communication and relationship building
What we offer;
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential;
· We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
· We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
· A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
· We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
· Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
· Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
· We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
· By2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
· Free gym access
· Nursery Vouchers
· Cycle to work, Travel loans
· Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have extensive practical experience within the Fencing industry, ideally at the Contract Manager level already. However, we will also consider applications from relevant industries, such as Groundworks, if you have a strong contract management background with the ability to manage a fast paced and demanding workload.
A full driving licence is essential for this role as the role will be field based. This means that you can work from home and travel will be regional and sometimes national and the following tickets are ideal but not all are necessary; CSCS card, SMSTS and NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
We are looking for a driven, self-starter who can bring a regional fencing business development plan to life and build the team of subcontractors around them to enable this.
Join us to make a difference!