Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Ground Control are looking for a Head of Ecology to lead, develop and expand our ecology consultancy practice. Heading up this business critical division, you will manage the overall strategic direction of our Ecology Practice as well as develop and recruit your own team. You will be responsible for shaping the future of Ground Control’s core ethos of ‘caring for our environment’
This is a unique opportunity to lead the ecology function of a fast growing and environmentally focussed company with dramatic growth plans for the next five years. You will oversee the team as they provide ecological advice including carrying out a range of species surveys as well as preparing reports and assessments.
What we offer
As well as our standard company benefits, listed below, we offer a Tesla Model 3 company car, bi-annual bonus, and company shares for this leadership role.
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential:
- We have recently been rated top 100 in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
How we work;
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applications from highly experienced Ecology professional with substantial ecological consultancy experience. In addition, you will have proven business development experience as the role will involve expanding the Ecology portfolio and you will be a true leader, ready to recruit and develop the Ecology team to meet our future growth plans.
You should be experienced in producing technical reports including EPS licence applications, EcIA and BREEAM and be experienced in liaising with clients and various stakeholders, with a proven ability to identify and facilitate solutions.
- Full CIEEM (Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management) membership
- Proven and substantial ecological consultancy experience
- Proven business development experience, and enthusiasm for growing the Ecology business.
- Hold one or more protected species licenses
- Will have detailed knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental Legislation and local planning policies/process
- Be in possession of a full UK driving license
Salary: £55,00 to £80,000, depending on experience. We also offer a Tesla Model 3 company car, bi-annual bonus, company shares and company pension.