Ground Control (GC) is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all.
We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations such as Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, and the Tower of London, to name a few.
We have an opening for an Infrastructure Engineer in our infrastructure team. The primary focus for this role will be to assist the Head of IT Infrastructure with optimising and enhancing our on-prem and cloud-based IT systems.
How we Work
We are an Investors in People Gold Standard company and we put people at the centre of everything we do. Everyone is welcome, and we are embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we will succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities, and caring for our Environment.
Our awards and initiatives are a testament to this:
▪ Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company, and the LSE’s “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain”.
▪ The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation 2021.
▪ We inclusively support “The Race at Work Charter”, “Ban the Box”, “The Armed Forces Covenant” and are “Disability Confident”.
▪ We offer a supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters inclusion & collaboration.
▪ We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
▪ By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral.
We believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work through many perks and benefits including:
▪ A competitive salary and semi-annual bonuses, share options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover.
▪ Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with a clear career path progression.
▪ Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days.
▪ Free gym access and nursery vouchers.
▪ Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
▪ Bupa employee support, free flu jab, subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
What you will achieve
As an Infrastructure Engineer within the infrastructure team, you will:
▪ Take ownership of and help clear the backlog of infrastructure projects and tasks.
▪ Along with the rest of the infrastructure team, ensure that all our IT services are available within applicable SLAs.
▪ Complete our procedures knowledge based by defining repeatable and efficient procedures for infrastructure maintenance.
▪ Identify and suggest areas for improvement.
▪ Substantially contribute towards the gradual migration of
all our environments to Azure.
Who we are seeking
▪ You have accumulated a considerable knowledge and experience of infrastructure (virtualisation, networking, storage, monitoring, Windows Server 2012/16/19, Active Directory, etc.) through a strong relevant engineering degree and 5+ years’ experience, or 10+ years’ experience in infrastructure-related roles.
▪ You have substantial experience of on-prem data centre maintenance and management.
▪ You have reasonable experience of Azure.
▪ You are proficient in PowerShell (or equivalent scripting languages).
▪ Knowledge of and experience with MS Intune and M365 would be a distinct advantage.
We have ambitious plans, join us!