QA Engineer at Ground Control
Ground Control (GC) is the UK’s largest external maintenance and commercial landscaping company. We are a values-centred business, creating and maintaining external spaces that are safe and enjoyable for all.
We are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations such as Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, and the Tower of London, to name a few.
We have an opening for a QA Engineer in the Engineering team. The primary focus for this role will be to ensure the products and services developed for Ground Control are of the highest quality, and are testable in a repeatable, managed fashion. With a real passion for the importance of a robust QA function, you’ll be involved in running and evolving the best practices possible to ensure that delivery quality does not suffer during a time of rapid growth of our business.
What we offer
We are an Investors in People Gold Standard company and we put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome, and we are embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we will succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities, and caring for our Environment.
Our awards and initiatives are a testament to this:
- Sunday Times 2019 Top Track 250 Company, and the LSE’s "1000 Companies to Inspire Britain".
- The Queens Award for Enterprise - Innovation 2021.
- We inclusively support "The Race at Work Charter", "Ban the Box", "The Armed Forces Covenant" and are "Disability Confident".
- We offer a supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters inclusion & collaboration.
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral.
We believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work through many perks and benefits including:
- A competitive salary and semi-annual bonuses, share options, 2 x salary Death in Service cover.
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with a clear career path progression.
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days.
- Free gym access and nursery vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme and travel loans.
- Bupa employee support, free flu jab, subscriptions to an online GP service and Calm, the wellbeing app.
What you will achieve
As a QA Engineer within Engineering you will:
- Execute and deliver our end-to-end QA processes and methodologies, recommending improvements and evolutions whenever appropriate.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to support an automated test strategy, developing innovative test automation frameworks and drive towards a CI/CD delivery model.
- Undertake QA activities in adherence to defined standards and best practice.
- Attend and actively contribute to engineering agile meetings such as daily stand ups, planning and retrospectives.
- Ensure the regression test pack is kept up to date with the increased feature set, utilising manual scripts and automated tests.
- Research and troubleshoot issues to help identify solutions with the engineering team.
Who we are seeking
- You have accumulated a breadth and depth of software QA knowledge across your career.
- You’ve been involved with delivering large scale projects from conception to production.
- You have experience with Agile teams working in a fast paced delivery environment.
- You know how to craft test plans, and how to implement and run reports on their execution.
- You have experience with testing a variety of products, web-based, windows thick-client and mobile apps.
- Experience with writing code to create automated test scripts.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- You’re able to work proactively, independently, and pragmatically.
We have ambitious plans, join us!